Wednesday, September 16, 2015



These are my final three layouts. This project taught us about how to place typography on a page in order to understand hierarchy, not centering everything, and how to place type so it is legible. Something that was unique to this project was simplicity. The directions that we were given led us to only have a few elements at our disposal to create our spreads. This allowed us to stray away from complex designs and focus on the basics. 
The project was to design a book cover for Ruari McLean’s book “Jan Tshicold A Life In Typography 1902-1972”. In real life, the cover of the book is very simple with only words and small graphics that are not for decoration, but to emphasize certain terms. This was also something we learned during this project. There is a difference between design used for decoration and for it actual having a purpose.  
I really improved from the beginning stages. I really think that I learned a lot from this project and that it shows in my improvements. I think this project was difficult because I had to use only simple elements to create my design. I also really dislike using the grid so this project was a struggle for me. I enjoyed using the grid to challenge me, but with my personal work I hate using the grid.
I worked really hard on this project and tried to focus on the goals of the different steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment